Mom and Pop Grant
- Call 311 or go to MiamiDade.gov to find your district.
- Visit the following website for application availability and deadlines.
- Small owned and operated businesses can apply to receive Mom and Pop Small Business Grant funds.
- Mom and Pop Grants are administered in collaboration with the county commission district office where the business is located.
The money can be used for the following.
- Buy equipment, supplies, and inventory
- Building liability insurance
- Security systems
- Making minor renovations
OLCDC Business Fund | Community Fund of North Miami-Dade
- Support small minority-owned businesses located in low-to-moderate income communities in South Florida.
- Provides technical assistance in the form of one-on-one counseling and workshops, as well as alternative financing options.
- Resource Center
- Business Classes train you in SEO, Marketing, Business Planning.
- Creates an opportunity to Pitch to bankers, and community-oriented opportunities.
11500 NW 12th Ave,
Miami, FL 33168
Phone: 305-442-8306 ext.2014
- Personal and Business Funding Assistance for entrepreneurs having a difficult time.
- Vehicle purchasing system
- Assists if your vehicle requires repairs.
- MicroBusiness Coach is an invaluable resource
Small Business Training & Consulting Services include:
- Business Planning
- Accounting & Compliance
- Concept Development
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Business Process
- Market Research
- Product Development
- Competitor Analysis
- Marketing Material
- Business Taxation
- Insurance & Licensing
- Financial Modeling
- Quickbooks Setup & Maintenance
Miami Bayside Foundation
- Education Business Development
- Micro Loans
- Black Business Loans
- Business consulting
- Strategic Financial and Business Planning
- Access to work with partners and develop from similar business structures
Rise Miami Dade Fund
- Operate in Miami-Dade County.
- Be in operation for at least two years.
- Have gross sales of less than $5,000,000.
- Have 50 or fewer employees/independent contractors.
Partners for Self Employment
Learn more about Partners for Self Employment
Anyone can have a good idea, but it takes more than ideas to make a business successful. It takes confidence, knowledge, and most importantly, an understanding of finances. For start-up businesses trying to establish roots and small businesses looking to expand, Partners For Self Employment offers two distinct Loan Programs.
Tools for Change
Tools for Change (TFC), is a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that provides microloans, small business loans, training, technical assistance, and development services to under-served entrepreneurs. Our programs include:
Incubator CREATE Program MDC
CREATE is a go-to-market business training course where participants refine their existing prototypes through experiential learning and customer validation.
11200 SW 8th Street, MARC 3rd Floor
Miami. FL 33199
StartUP FIU is a university-wide innovation hub that fosters and develops entrepreneurship and innovation to help our students, researchers, and community.
- StartUP FIU Food is a partnership with the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Leverage a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen and technical assistance to help food entrepreneurs
- Seeded by Citi Foundation and sustained through Citi Community Development.
- Provides technical assistance & capacity building to local, small, and minority-owned businesses
- Includes access to capital, financial, marketing, business development, technology, human resources & legal services.