One of the best ways to learn about veganism is to view documentaries or podcasts. We’ve combed the web to find as many entertainment resources for you to consume. Let us know if we missed any by sending us a message.
Documentaries & Films
- A Prayer for Compassion (2018) – A Prayer for Compassion is a feature-length documentary that strives to inspire and encourage those already on a religious or spiritual path, to expand their circle of compassion to embrace all life, regardless of species, and make choices in alignment with this value.
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainable Secret (2014) – a groundbreaking feature-length environmental documentary following intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – and investigates why the world’s leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it.
- Dominion – Exposing the dark underbelly of modern animal agriculture through drones, hidden & handheld cameras, the feature-length film explores the morality and validity of our dominion over the animal kingdom.
- Earthlings – a 2005 American documentary film about humankind’s total dependence on animals for economic purposes.
- Eating Animals – provides a dense discussion of what it means to eat animals in an industrialized world. It was adapted and extended into a 2018 documentary film with the same name, directed by Christopher Dillon Quinn and co-narrated by Foer and Natalie Portman.
- Fat Sick and Nearly Dead (2012) – Morbidly obese Joe Cross endeavors to drink only fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days in an effort to lose weight, reboot his health, and inspire others along the way
- Fat Sick and Nearly Dead 2 (2014) – In Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2, Joe travels around the world and meets with experts who present viable strategies to make and maintain long-term improvements to eating behaviors and overall health.
- Food Choices (2016) – Join award-winning filmmaker Michal Siewierski on his three-year journey to expose the truth about our food choices.
- Food Inc. (2008) – Documentary filmmaker Robert Kenner examines how mammoth corporations have taken over all aspects of the food chain in the United States, from the farms where our food is grown to the chain restaurants and supermarkets where it’s sold.
- Food Matters (2008) – Food Matters uncovers the secrets of natural health to help you achieve optimum wellness!
- Forks Over Knives (2011) – The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us, can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods.
- Game Changers (2019) – tells the story of James Wilks — elite special forces trainer and winner of The Ultimate Fighter — as he travels the world on a quest for the truth behind the world’s most dangerous myth: that meat is necessary for protein, strength and optimal health.
- Hungry for Change (2012) – Three filmmakers expose the diet industry’s deceptive strategies designed to keep people from losing and keeping off weight, ensuring their business model survives by keeping their customers coming back for more.
- Live and Let Live (2013) – Stories of six individuals who decided to stop consuming animal products for a variety of reasons and shows the impact the decision has had on their lives.
- Okja (2017) – A young girl risks everything to prevent a powerful, multinational company from kidnapping her best friend – a fascinating beast named Okja.
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home – A riveting story of transformation and healing, PEACEABLE KINGDOM: THE JOURNEY HOME explores the awakening conscience of several people who grew up in a traditional farming culture and who have now come to question the basic assumptions of their way of life.
- Tyke Elephant Outlaw (2015) – This documentary recounts a 1994 incident in Honolulu in which a circus elephant attacked and killed its trainer, then ran loose on the city streets.
- What the Health (2017) – The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us, can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods.
- Vegucated (2011) – Vegucated is a 2011 American documentary film that explores the challenges of converting to a vegan diet. It “follows three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a vegan diet for six weeks.”
- Animal Rights Zone – Interviews and commentary on the animal rights social network ARZone (Animal Rights Zone).
- Big Fat Vegan Radio – Big Fat Vegan Radio is a new podcast by Laura Yaz and Honey LaBronx (a.k.a. Ben Strothmann).
- Brown Vegan Podcast – A podcast hosted by Monique Koch that provides practical advice for transitioning to a plant-based diet
- Curiously Veg Radio – David Powell hosts a podcast that focuses on animal rights and lighter lifestyle topics.
- Food for Thought – A podcast offering practical advice on how to answer questions that are applicable to the daily life of a vegan.
- Food Proof Podcast – A podcast that reviews the evidence-based information about the impact our food choices have on our health, the animals, and the planet.
- Generation V – Nimai Delgado aims to bring a modern, more conscious perspective to health and fitness by sharing inspirational stories and knowledge from the younger generation of vegans who are on a mission to make a difference.
- Kathy Smith Podcast – Podcast hosted by fitness instructor and New York Times bestselling author, Kathy Smith.
- Nutrition Facts With Dr. Greger – Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM, founder of nutritionfacts.org, and author of the instant New York Times Bestseller, “How Not to Die”, celebrates evidence-based nutrition to add years to our life and life to our years.
- Our Hen House – Join hostesses Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan on this unique and fun podcast that focuses on changing the world for animals.
- Planted in Miami – Planted in Miami is a podcast about conscious living in the Magic City. Hosts Jeanette and Alex Ruiz speak with the locals who are pushing Miami to new heights through their conscious companies, activism, community involvement, and inspiring projects.
- Rich Roll Podcast – Each week Rich delves deep into all things wellness with some of the brightest and most forward-thinking, paradigm-busting minds in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality. Intimate, deep and often intense, these are not interviews.
- That Vegan Couple – Podcast hosted by Natasha and Luca, popular vloggers that focus on helping people, animals, and the environment.
- The Unlock Wellness Podcast – The Unlock Wellness Podcast is hosted by Dr. Kasey, a family wellness chiropractor with a true passion for helping as many families as possible reach their highest health potential.
- Vedgetalk – The VedgeTalk Podcast shares insightful stories from people changing the game across the globe.
- Vegains Podcast – Podcast hosted by Ferdinand Beck, a vegan vlogger, athlete and strength trainer
- 101 Reasons to Go Vegans – James Wildman
- Best Speech You Will Every Hear – Gary Yourofsky
- Cruel Britannia – Viva UK
- DAIRY IS SCARY! Explained in 5 mins – Erin Janus
- Earthlings Documentary – Joaquin Phoenix
- Land of Hope and Glory – Earthling Ed
- This Speech Is Your WAKE UP CALL – James Aspey
- Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death – Dr. Michael Greger
[et_pb_posts_carousel_agsdcm category_id=”11,8″ _builder_version=”3.28″ _i=”0″ _address=”22.214.171.124″][/et_pb_posts_carousel_agsdcm]