A listing of doctors from around the globe and South Florida.
Vegan Doctors in South Florida
- Lidie Lajoie (Aventura) – Dr. Lajoie received both her medical degree and masters of science in human nutrition from Columbia University in New York. She is board-certified in general surgery and vascular surgery.
- Jamie Ghitelman (Cardiologist) – Dr Jaime Ghitelman is a successful physician board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology and Vascular Medicine.
- Vanessa Mendez (Gastroenterologist) – Vanessa Mendez, MD. A Gastroenterologist specializing in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Nutrition; advocating whole food, plant-based nutrition for optimal health.
- Gabriela Cora (Doctor, MD) – Dr. Gaby Cora is president of the Executive Health & Wealth Institute. She’s a leadership consultant, executive coach, licensed medical doctor in New York and Florida, and board-certified psychiatrist with an MBA.
- Shaina Duvall (Registered Dietitian) – Shaina is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist working virtually and in the Miami, FL area.
- Jacque Tarlton (Holistic Nutritionist) – Jacque Tarlton, Certified Wellcoach® & Plant Based Nutrition Expert, is passionate about improving health through fabulous, fun, and scientifically proven lifestyle changes.
- Irene Belaga (Psychologist) – Irene Belaga, Ph.D. is a FL and NY licensed Clinical Psychologist, certified Yoga Teacher and Hippocrates Institute Health Educator. Dr. Belaga recognizes the power of organic plant-based foods for improving brain function and immunity.
- Teshamae Monteith (Neurology) – Dr. Teshamae Monteith is a neurologist in Miami, Florida and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including University of Miami Hospital and Clinics-Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and University of Miami Hospital and Clinics-UHealth Tower.
- Juan Luis Calisto (Surgeon) – Dr. Juan Calisto is a pediatric surgeon within the Division of Pediatric Surgery at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
- Judith Lubin (Dentist) – Offers high quality general and cosmetic dentistry services for your family at affordable rates for experiencing the best smile in life.
- Nick Borja (Surgeon) – Dr. Nick Borja focuses on preventing cancer and other chronic diseases through evidence-based lifestyle modification. His preventive medicine practice guides clients to make simple, impactful changes and reach their best health. To that end, Dr. Borja offers one-on-one counseling, community walks, interactive cooking demonstrations, and more.
- Nicole Rodriguez (Registered Dietitian) – Nicole Rodriguez RDN is a plant-based Registered Dietitian helping her community by encouraging the consumption of a plant-based diet to alleviate dis-eases often caused by excess acidity in the body.
- Natalie Castro (Registered Dietitian) –Natalie Castro-Romero is the Chief Wellness Dietitian for corporate wellness at Baptist Health South Florida.
- Jakes Lessor (Dentist) – Dr. Ivanov specializes in quality dental braces & invisalign.
- Dawn Reilly (Psychologist) – Dr. Reilly holds BS, MA, MS, and PsyD degrees in counseling and clinical psychology.
- Doyle R. Campbell (Internal Medicine) – Plant-based; Has eCornell certificate in plant-based nutrition
- Deborah Kuiper-Thomas (Physician Assistant) – Deborah Kuiper-Tomas, PA-C, MMS, has been practicing for the last 16 Years in primary care. She believes that a plant-based diet could be the best treatment for chronic disease, and for prevention as well.
- Tatiana Pestana (Internal Medicine) – Tatiana A. Pestana, MD, MPH is a community physician who practices internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Don Fisher (Fort Lauderdale) – Dr. Don Fisher is the founder and medical director of The BEST Program, Inc which is South Florida’s premier anti-aging medical clinic specializing in hormone replacement therapies, IV nutrition, Whole Food Plant-based counseling, Exercise and Lifestyle modification for prevention of chronic disease and health maintenance.
- Lilliam Garcia (Internal Medicine) – Dr. Lilliam M Garcia is an Internal Medicine Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She graduated with honors in 2001.
- Hector DiCarlo (Family Medicine) – Dr. Hector Di Carlo is a Vegan family medicine doctor in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Broward Health Imperial Point and Broward Health Medical Center.
- Eduardo Locatelli (Family Medicine) – Dr. Locatelli is Director of Neuroscience and Chief Medical Information Officer at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, a member of Catholic Health East, serving Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- Frank Sabatino (Chiropractor) – Dr. Frank Sabatino is the Health Director of Balance for Life Florida and is a Chiropractic physician who also has a Ph.D. in cell biology and neuroendocrinology from the Emory University School of Medicine.
- Joshua Gothelf (Physician Assistant) – Joshua Gothelf, PA-C opened The Ark Wellness Center to help people transform their health by getting to the root cause of their weight issues and chronic illness.
- Darci Kingry (Nutrition Education) – Certified master weight loss coach and integrative nutrition health coach.
- Lewis Semel (Internal Medicine) – Dr. Semel helps patients achieve optimal health using a whole food plant-based diet, exercise, lifestyle counseling and a combination of conventional medicine with natural and alternative therapies.
- Robert Heller (Psychologist) – Dr. Robert Heller is a licensed psychologist and certified diplomate in cognitive-behavioral psychology.
- Pamela Toll (Psychologist) – Dr. Pamela Toll is a Licensed Psychologist (FL #PY8613) assisting people to transition to a partly or totally plant-based lifestyle for their health.
- Paul Diamond (Osteopathic Medicine) – Medical practitioner for over 30 years, and have transitioned my practice to advocating a healthy lifestyle along with plant-based nutrition.
- Rodney Dunetz (Functional Medicine) – Dr. Dunetz specializes in functional medicine, a personalized approach to wellness that focuses on getting to the root cause of his patients’ health issues.
- Jerry Ziffer (Acupuncturist) – Jerry Ziffer, LAc, Certified Nutrition and Health Coach, Lifestyle Medicine Coach, Acupuncture Physician.
- Kate Vazquez (Physician Assistant) – Passionate about helping women who want to get their bodies ready for pregnancy, optimizing their health during pregnancy, and postnatal to prevent the development of chronic disorders.
- Ankush Bansal (Internal Medicine) – Dr. Ankush Bansal, MD is a board-certified internal medicine hospitalist, telemedicine provider, consultant, and medical expert. He is licensed in 19 states.
Palm Beach Gardens
- Joan Banijnath (Doctor, MD) – Dr. Joan Baijnath’s, MD, practice in Palm Beach Gardens represents the flagship office for eMDe Cares.
West Palm Beach
- Tina Discepola (Functional Medicine) – Tina Discepola, MD is a board-certified physician and acupuncturist who has been a pioneer in the field of integrative medicine for over 20 years.
- David Dodson (West Palm Beach) – David Dodson, MD is an Internist and Infectious Disease Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL. He has a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell.
- William Stager, DO (Osteopathic Medicine) – Dr. Bill Stager has BA (Philosophy) and MS (Anatomy) degrees from Rutgers University, an undergraduate OPP Fellowship and DO degree from NSUCOM in 1989, and MPH from ATSU in 2009.
- Bonnie Mackey (Nurse Practioner) – PhD, Nurse Practitioner, Health Advocate-Educator™, IFM Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Founder, and Director of MackeyHealth.