Calle Alexander from American Ninja Warrior
- How he first got into the American Ninja Warrior Program
- How and why Calle Alexander became vegan
- Commonly asked questions about being vegan
- Go to places in South Florida for vegan food
- ANW 20 Recap Calle Alexander
- Calle Alexander Profile on Ninja Guide website
- Miami City finals featuring Calle
- Doctors Teach Vegan Nutrition at 11 Medical Schools in India
- Plant-based physicians from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) are currently on a mission to visit 11 medical schools in India as part of its Physicians Committee Kickstart India initiative.
- They are teaching prospective doctors about the preventive and curative properties of a plant-based diet in combating obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Diagnosed cases are projected to reach 145 million people in India by 2045.
- In 2016, PCRM opened a groundbreaking all-vegan medical facility, Barnard Medical Center, in Washington, DC for the purpose of promoting a plant-based diet for the treatment and prevention of common illnesses.
- Two-Thirds of Americans Would Eat Clean Meat
- Two in three adults in the United States are interested in trying clean meat, according to a new report compiled by research firm Faunalytics.
- They surveyed a representative group of 1,185 adults and found that 46 percent would regularly but it, and 40 percent were willing to pay more.
- When primed with the prompts that clean meats are real meat, free of antibiotics and hormones and made without the need to raise and slaughter farm animals, 64% agreed it was a positive innovation and 73 percent believed it to be more environmentally friendly.
- Companies around the world are working to debut their first clean-meat products as early as this year. This includes Europe’s Mosa Meat, California’s JUST and Memphis Meats, and Israel’s SuperMeat and Future Meat Technologies.
- Germany Crowned World’s Top Vegan Food Producer
- The country narrowly beat out the United Kingdom by 1 percent, while the United States came in third at 12%.
- Market research firm Mintel named Germany the top vegan food producer of the year.
- Measured the number of vegan products (including both food and beverage categories) launched between July 2017 and June 2018.
- Vegan Food Sales Surpass $3.3 Billion in 12 Months
- Plant-based food sales grew by 20 percent last year, 10 times faster than all other food categories.
- Plant-based meat increased by 24 percent, cheese 43 percent and yogurt 55%
- Plant-based food sales up by 20 percent since last June, as compared to only a 2 percent increase in sales across other retail categories such as refrigerated, deli, grocery, dairy, meat, produce
- Domino’s Adds Cheesy Vegan Pizza to Its 109 New Zealand Locations
- KFC Debuts Vegan Chicken in Vietnam
- Subway Australia Gets Its First Vegan Sandwich.
- This joins the Vegan Delite, Black Bean and Malibu Garden that are currently available in select locations in Finland and across the United States.
- Startup, Terramino Foods, Secures $4.25 Million to Debut Vegan Salmon Burgers
- Paypal Founder, Peter Thiel Invests $450,000 in California company Wild Earth to help Develop Slaughter-free cat and dog food, bringing its total funding to $5 million.
SoFlo Vegans News
- Discount Card Program
- Pre-orders for the 2019 cards are now available for $30. You get the 2018 Card and will be able to pick up the 2019 when they are available in September.
- Business Registration is now $50, but lasts as long as our partners provide a discount for cardholders.
- Partners get promotion to over 45,000 South Floridians each month.
- Cardholders get up to 20% off their purchase at some of their favorite South Florida vegan businesses.
- SoFlo Vegans Unite
- First time holding the event at Vegan Fine Foods
- Speakers will discuss the topics of Health and Vitality
- Free to attend the event
- Food sponsors will be providing food samples
- The store will be open for business, so enjoy a bite from their hot bar or any item on their shelf.
- Discount Cards will be on sale, so you can enjoy 10% off your purchase during the event.
- Speakers will be announced leading up to the event.
- SoFlo Vegans Speak
- We are returning to Nutrition Smart in Pembroke Pines on Tuesday, August 28 from 6:30 to 8:30. Expect to see cooking demonstrations and learn about vegan nutrition and food preparation.
About SoFlo Vegans Podcast
The SoFlo Vegans Podcast is your gateway to what’s happening in the world of veganism. We feature prominent names in the global vegan community including the likes of Earthling Ed and Ingrid Newkirk and also showcase leaders in the South Florida community, providing answers to your questions about going or staying vegan. Listeners can submit questions using our voice line and hear their questions featured on our show.
General Manager | Founder
Sean Russell is an entrepreneur, media producer, and founder of SoFlo Vegans. He’s been producing podcasts since 2007 and is dedicated to teaching leaders effective communications through his company, Lesaruss Media.