Featured Nonprofit Organizations
These are just a few nonprofit organizations that support living a plant-based lifestyle their through support of animals, the environment or through healthy living.
- Animal Hero Kids – Animal Hero Kids are effective voices for the voiceless, a fact discovered by 34 year veteran animal activist, wildlife rehabilitator, humane educator, author, Animal Hero Kids inc. founder, Susan Hargreaves,
- CFEI – Compassionate Farming Education Initiative is a 501c3 educational non-profit organization based out of southeast Florida.
- Earth Save – promotes food choices that are healthy for people and the planet and helps people transition toward a healthy plant-based diet.
- Heal the Planet – At Heal the Planet we aim to inspire, empower, and support individuals and organizations working to heal the planet by providing resources, education, and leadership.
- The Humane League – We are working relentlessly to reduce animal suffering through grassroots education to change eating habits and corporate campaigns to reform farm animal treatment.
- Mercy for Animals – Mercy For Animals believes that a humane society is possible. We are committed to reducing the greatest amount of suffering for the largest number of animals.
- Our Planet, There’s Too – We are a non-profit animal rights and planet conservation organization, that promotes a new vision for planet Earth and all of the species of beings who live on it: human and non-human animals sharing this planet in peace and harmony.
- PETA – People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 5 million members and supporters.
- PCRM – The Physicians Committee is leading a revolution in medicine—putting a new focus on health and compassion.
- Plantbuilt – A non-profit organization of vegan fitness and bodybuilding competitors.
- South Florida Wildlife Center – The South Florida Wildlife Center rescues displaced, injured and orphaned animals and takes them through a process of rehabilitation. Their goal it to release wildlife back to their natural habitats. SFWC also works to educate the community about wildlife and how each of us can peacefully co-exist with our wild neighbors.
- Vegan Outreach – Vegan Outreach is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. Vegan Outreach seeks a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities.
- Whole Food Plant-Based – Certifies WFPB products, services, and organizations with a globally recognized WFPB certification seal.
Episode 2 w/ Earthling Ed Earthling Ed joins SoFlo Vegans founder, Sean Russell to discuss some of the controversy surrounding vegan activism, his work with nonprofit organizations and his impression of vegan communities around the globe. We also look at some...
Go behind the scenes to see the Animal Rights March from the point of view of a protester. This mini-documentary features an unvarnished look at the march and features interactions with the cops, confrontations with the public and powerful messages from the leaders of...
The Humane League of South Florida held a reception bringing together creative ways to get active for animals: artwork and campaigns! It featured the artwork of local vegan artist Robbie Nuwanda. In addition to enjoying the artwork, attendees were encouraged to...