On this episode of the SoFlo Vegans Podcast, we speak with Torre Washington.
- What was it like growing up in Alabama, Jamaica and South Florida?
- What was it like being an adult coming back to South Florida?
- Getting picked on due to his Jamaican accent
- Going to a historically black college
- South Florida becoming a mecca for veganism
- Radical background in the vegan community
- Being raised Seventh-day Adventist
- Rastafarian and the ITAL lifestyle
- Getting tested for being vegan in Atlanta
- Diet versus Lifestyle
- Being inspired by the Marvel Universe
- Getting into lifting
- Whatever happened to Richard Tarico
- Being inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Placing in first vegan competition in 2009
- Wanting to break free from the 9 to 5
- Being cautious of hidden agendas
- Heavy metal and race
- Vegan as a label
- Feeling stuck versus challenging yourself
- Taking part in the documentary, From the Ground Up
- Every good coach has a coach
- How to get into bodybuilding and where to start
- Primer Ebook on Torrewashington.com
- Panel tour with Johnny Juicer, John “Badass” Vegan and Dominick Thompson
- Involvement with the Tulum Vegfest
- Chris Helmsworth project (recorded before the launch of the app)
- Writing a book
- Online coaching
- Rethink Protein – Apparel Line
- New eBooks to follow up Primer
- More going on in Broward County, especially in the west
- Conversations about Copper Branch, Clovermint, Green Bar & Kitchen, Falaffle Bistro
About SoFlo Vegans Podcast
The SoFlo Vegans Podcast is your gateway to what’s happening in the world of veganism. We feature prominent names in the global vegan community including the likes of Earthling Ed and Ingrid Newkirk and also showcase leaders in the South Florida community, providing answers to your questions about going or staying vegan. Listeners can submit questions using our voice line and hear their questions featured on our show.
General Manager | Founder
Sean Russell is an entrepreneur, media producer, and founder of SoFlo Vegans.