Earthling Ed joins SoFlo Vegans to discuss effective ways to communicate, what prompted him to become an activist and shares some of his favorite resources.
The Humane League of South Florida held a reception at ArtServe, bringing together creative ways to get active for animals: artwork and campaigns! It featured the artwork of local vegan artist, Robbie Nuwanda Fine Art.
Members of the South Florida vegan and the plant-based community gathered in downtown Miami to participate in the global Animal Rights March. ether to raise awareness about animal cruelty and exploitation.
Animal Rights Organizations
- Animal Hero Kids – Animal Hero Kids are effective voices for the voiceless, a fact discovered by 34-year veteran animal activist, wildlife rehabilitator, humane educator, author, Animal Hero Kids inc. founder, Susan Hargreaves,
- Anonymous for the Voiceless – Anonymous for the Voiceless is an animal rights organization that specializes in street activism.
- CFEI – Compassionate Farming Education Initiative is a 501c3 educational non-profit organization based out of southeast Florida.
- The Humane League – We are working relentlessly to reduce animal suffering through grassroots education to change eating habits and corporate campaigns to reform farm animal treatment.
- Mercy for Animals – Mercy For Animals believes that a humane society is possible. We are committed to reducing the greatest amount of suffering for the largest number of animals.
- PETA – People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 5 million members and supporters.
- South Florida Wildlife Center – The South Florida Wildlife Center rescues displaced, injured and orphaned animals and takes them through a process of rehabilitation. Their goal is to release wildlife back to their natural habitats. SFWC also works to educate the community about wildlife and how each of us can peacefully co-exist with our wild neighbors.
- Surge – Surge is an animal rights organization determined to create a world where compassion towards all non-human animals is the norm.
- Vegan Outreach – Vegan Outreach is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. Vegan Outreach seeks a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities.
Animal Rights Posts
Episode 2 w/ Earthling Ed Earthling Ed joins SoFlo Vegans founder, Sean Russell to discuss some of the controversy surrounding vegan activism, his work with nonprofit organizations and his impression of vegan communities around the globe. We also look at some...
Go behind the scenes to see the Animal Rights March from the point of view of a protester. This mini-documentary features an unvarnished look at the march and features interactions with the cops, confrontations with the public and powerful messages from the leaders of...
The Humane League of South Florida held a reception bringing together creative ways to get active for animals: artwork and campaigns! It featured the artwork of local vegan artist Robbie Nuwanda. In addition to enjoying the artwork, attendees were encouraged to...
A Vegan Bake Sale was held on Saturday, February 11, 2017 to raise funds for the South Florida Wildlife Center. The event was held at Anuttara Yoga and featured support from the meetup group, Positively Veg*n. Jennifer Mennuti took time to talk about the sale and how...