- Chris Moore on Instagram
- Reasons for going vegan.
- Transitioning into a vegan diet.
- Raising a toddler on a vegan diet.
- Differences between Louisiana and California for veganism.
- Seed Food and Wine and Palm Beach Veg Festival
- Follow Your Heart Debuts Its First Vegan Yogurt
- Cherry flavor is the first variety of their 11-flavor yogurt line.
- Will be available nationwide this fall.
- Additional flavors will include Plain, Raspberry, Strawberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Pina Colada, Key Lime, and Vanilla Bean
- Dairy-free yogurt market predicted to be worth $7.4 billion by 2027.
- Impossible Foods Asserts Its Mission to Replace Food Animals by 2035
- Company launched a 90-second video ad that features an astronaut who returns to an Earth that has been restored to what he calls “paradise”, which looks like animal agriculture disappearing from the food industry.
- Since launching in 2016, Impossible Burgers have expanded to nearly 3,000 points of distribution, including major fast food chain, White Castle.
- CEO Patrick O. Brown stressed that Impossible Foods is not merely a burger company. They are working on producing all foods that we get from animals.
- DJ Khaled Shouts Out Veganism During Beyonce/Jay Z Concert
- Asked more than 40,000 people in the audience, “If there were any vegans in the house.”
- DJ Khaled is following a vegan diet after being inspired by Beyonce and Jay Z.
- Completed a vegan challenge with the help of 22 Days Nutrition, a meal delivery company co-founded by Beyonce and vegan entrepreneur, Marco Borges.
- In March Beyonce urged her 112 million social media fans to join her in following a plant-based diet.
SoFlo Vegans News
- SoFlo Vegans Unite
- Speakers include Torre Washington who will discuss building muscle as a vegan, Emilia Lujan will talk about the secret recipe to health, wellness, and longevity and Todd Buttram will share how he survived stage IV Cancer by switching to a plant-based diet.
- Taking place at Vegan Fine Foods on Tuesday, August 21 from 6:30-9.
- SoFlo Vegans Speak
- Speakers include Barkha Herman who will explore the world of spices and how to use them in different recipes. Thermomix will be in attendance to provide vegan cooking demonstrations.
- Taking place at Nutrition Smart in Pembroke Pines on Tuesday, August 28 from 6:30-8:30.
- Discount Card Program
- Receive discounts to your favorite vegan restaurants and stores in South Florida. Cards start at $10.
- Over 22 partners including Vegan Fine Foods, Green Bar and Kitchen, Full Bloom and The New Vegan.
- Also sold during our events and online at soflovegans.com/card
About SoFlo Vegans Podcast
The SoFlo Vegans Podcast is your gateway to what’s happening in the world of veganism. We feature prominent names in the global vegan community including the likes of Earthling Ed and Ingrid Newkirk and also showcase leaders in the South Florida community, providing answers to your questions about going or staying vegan. Listeners can submit questions using our voice line and hear their questions featured on our show.
General Manager | Founder
Sean Russell is an entrepreneur, media producer, and founder of SoFlo Vegans.